-->

Monday, December 3, 2012

How to Make a Card for a Man - My First Mojo Monday Card

Curious about how to make a card for a man?


So was I.  I honestly haven't done much of it.  So this evening when my husband asked me to make a card for his boss who is retiring this week, I started out with a little bit of uncertainty.  I mean, really, how can I possibly be expected to make a card without bling?

I tried my best.

Here's my advice for making a card for a man.

Step 1:  Panic.  Realize all the paper you have is pretty feminine, and you don't have time or money to purchase more "manly" paper.

Step 2:  Get over yourself, and try to find the paper with the least amount of pink.  If we can't go manly, at least we can shoot for gender-neutral.

Step 3: Put down the flowers, balloons, and cute little animal stamps.  Search furiously through your collection for something, anything that will not shout out "girlie card!" on it.

Step 4: Add brown.  As much brown as you can get away with.  Guys like brown, don't they?

Step 5:  Get over yourself.  Again.  Realize that guys look at cards for all of 4.24 seconds, so it doesn't really matter about the bling, or the brown, or the pink that sneaked its way into your card.  What matters is that you made something beautiful for someone else, and hopefully it will be meaningful to them.  For all of 4.24 seconds.

So, that's my advice.  In a nutshell: Get over yourself.  Do what you know is beautiful.

Luckily, I had some paper that didn't scream PINKALICIOUS, and I had a fabulous template from the Mojo Monday challenge.  Two birds - one stone.  Thanks, Mojo Monday!!








2 comments:

  1. I have a cute paper folding technique that looks like a man's shirt...email me if you want the 'recipe'! lol I see a mojo valentine in your future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally want that 'recipe' Jami! Hook me up!!

      Delete